Getting Executive Buy-in (and keeping it)
This can be a tough one, and there is no one guaranteed way to succeed at this, but there are a number of techniques you can use that will help.
Getting Executive Buy-in
- Get a quick win
- Fix a Pain point
- Demonstrate the value using metrics (ie. if this field were 88% accurate instead of 87% accurate, when used in a marketing campaign we could expect a return $315,000 more in sales)
- Explain that it is a new industry expectation that is here to stay
- Show the sheer amount of data and systems out there, and explain that no one group is ensuring the accuracy (even of the most important data)
Keeping Executive Buy-in
- Stay visible via a newsletter and/or updates
- Have good metrics that demonstrate the value of Data Governance (work with the stewardship council to identify metrics)
- Have your elevator speeches prepared
- Speak at as many of the update and all-hands meetings as you can
Post any ideas that you may have in the comments below!