6 Ways to Prevent Stewardship Council Stagnation
- Stir up a little controversy or bring up a hot-topic (borrowed from Bonnie O’Neil – her new book is a must have for anyone involved in Data Governance)
- Bring in the highest level person you can to a meeting to address the group
- Ask for direction on where the group should be headed, be candid
- Have 1-on-1 meetings and get their honest thoughts on the group
- Solve something or get involved with the latest corporate initiative
- Ask yourself, “Why the heck is the council getting stagnant?” Then answer the question. Then act upon it.